The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It Has Been a While...

Well, time has gone away with me. I think that I got abit behind before my mom came to visit and byt he time she left, we all had colds. which, I might add, are still lingering. At least the kids are feeling better despite the green noses and terrible coughing.

My mom and I had a great visit. She was wonderful. I did NOTHING while she was here. She probably wonders who does the dishes and laundry when she is not around because she took over and I loved it. I got a lot of rest as well which was nice. We did get to Ikea which was fun, butnext time it would be nice to do a few more things too. She came a few days before we started our second service. Thank goodness. Without her our cafe would not look as sharp and without my parent's giving hearts, we would have had NO budget to even buy the candles on the tables or any other accents that turn the cafe from cold to comfy. Thanks dad and mom!

Our service is going well. We are calling it VSN (Vineyard Sunday Night) which is funny to me. That is not creative at all and the point of the service is to be alternative and creative. Anyway, it works. Sometimes simple is better. We have consistently had about 35-40 people each week and we have seen MANY new faces which is exciting. Our band kicks hiney and the pastor is really hot. :>)

I am midway through my Bradley classes. Teaching is really fun and the two couples I have in my class are perfect for my first one. They are light-hearted and laugh at my stupid jokes and giddy nerves. It has been an excellent series and I can't wait to start again in January. Now all I need to do is charge for the class so I can make some money!

Today, this cute old man from India suggested that I need a little sister for my boys. I like the idea, but Jon thinks two babies is plenty. I am satisfied with my two beautiful boys, but if we accidently get blessed with one more I am more than willing!

Man, hammering is so irritating. Judah hammers and hammers and hammers. Just a thought. I guess I lost my train of thought...more to come. :>)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home