The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Christmas 2005

Well, we made it. Everyone had the flu. Headaches, fevers, coughs, sniffles, body aches, you name it. I got Jon through the airport with the two kids. We arrived in Minneapolis only to wake the next morning with the boys having cought what JOn had. The next day, I was doomed as well. We managed to get our close friends sick (Thanks Shawn and Mindy for being so kind about it! It was GREAT to see you!) and then brought it home for my family as well. I am still fighting a cough and a sinus headache. I think it is because I got a bit sloppy with my antibiotics and now maybe it is returning...please pray that this is NOT the case. Anyway, Christmas was still fun!

My dad hired a massage therapist over to give everyone massages...that totally rocked. On top of that, my parents have a rockin hot tub (which I only went in one time because of illness). Judah and Jon enjoyed it too. Ithink my little niece, Kaleigh, enjoyed it the most...asking her daddy to take her wimming almost continually. It is really fun to have the freezing air entering your lungs and the hot water all around you....great combo.

It was melty enough to have perfect packy snow to make a snowman. Judah could not participate the first time with my brother and his cousins because he was too sick. Jon took him out the second to last day and they made one. He had a blast. You will have to accept the stick face because Grandma only had baby carrots and they do not work for the nose. It was hard to get Judah to come in....he could have stayed out there all day!



I will post more pics of the snow event when my parents send them over. You just have to see Judah in his full snow suit. Too cute.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I just have not felt up to par for almost a month now. That is no good. I have a lot of htings on my plate right now...just a bunch of time consuming errands and things that have to get done. Our insurance is screwed up, our free food (WIC) is screwed up, I need to get the kids to the dr. for checkups and shots, I need to set up my next birth class...the list goes on.....these seem to be the things that suck up life.

I will write more when I have something good to say....Happy New Year everyone!

4 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss y'all. Sure wish you were going to be around for this upcoming delivery!

 
At 1/06/2006 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Kate! I'm so sorry y'all were so sick. I'm glad that you're all home in one piece. We miss you.

I left my WIC folder at Kroger and never went to get, I guess it was a sign that we didn't really need it. But I hope that gets all worked out, I hate going to the WIC office. And shots? Which shots are you doing now?

 
At 1/08/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Worrell Family said...

Hey there! I can't believe how big Judah is getting! I hope you guys are doing well!

The Worrells

 
At 1/23/2006 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally caught up on your blog. The boys are so cute! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, despite the illness. We miss you guys! Joy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home