The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Monday, July 25, 2005

I Need Starbucks.

Oh so tired. Last night Judah woke up several times with a fever of 102.7 and the poor guy couldn't sleep very well. In between waking up to take tempatures, I was nursing the crying 4 month old and trying to find meds for everyone (Albuterol for Creed and Tylenol for Judah!) Needless to say, I am not exactly well rested today...My good friend Elizabeth is out getting me a Venti half-caf iced mocha with whip right now. I can almost taste it...

I am still a Starbucks junky to the demise of our bank account, although I must say I am doing better now that I went home to Wisconsin for 15 days where there is not a Starbucks for miles. I did not exactly give them up....I found a cute little new coffee shop in town called Cravings (fitting for people like me) and it was very good. I only went a handful of times (which is really good for me).

back to Judah...he is still miserably feverish. I will be taking him to the doctor tomorrow if this does not go way...I think it must be another ear infection. The poor guy can't seem to kick this infection in the left ear. Please remember him in your prayers. He has been asking to play outside all morning...I just heard him say it again in his sleep! Hopefully this is nothing contagious for the rest of us.

Random thought: If anyone has any tips on how to keep the two kids occupied, clean and fed along with keeping the house picked up and clean and the laundry done, please let me know. I have several friends who are interested in the secrets of you obsessively clean and organized people out there! Our husbands would be floored! (Am I right mommies?)

2 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Kate on your nursing (not the breast kind) skills! I commend you for taking temps!!! Best ones are rectal, btw. If Judah goes over 105 rectal, take him in right away (ER or doc.), otherwise, going to see the doc. is a good idea, you CAN wait to go see doc. at 102.7, saying as that's rectal. But if he still has fever, or symptoms of some sort, best to take him to see the doc.

Blessings,
Carrie

Btw, Maddie just had surgery again (bronchoscopy) so say a little prayer for her if you think about it.

 
At 7/28/2005 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need Super Nanny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home