The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Time Sure Does Fly

I was looking at photos and video of us a year ago when we got here. I got bit choked up looking at Judah and how small he was. The thing that gets me is that he seemed so big at the time and now looking back, I see how little and sweet he was. This year poses a whole new dynamic and I am really looking forward to all the moments we will capture and share, but as I look back I am reminded to cherish these days with my children. They really do fly by. People say that for a reason.

Jon starts class in 2 weeks. He is really pumped. We also start an alternative service on Sunday nights starting October 9, 2005 at the Arcadia Church where Jon is the Associate Pastor. We are excited to get it started, although it will and a whole new twist on our already over-filled lives. I am praying that God sends free interns to run childrens and youth so that Jon can really focus on the second service. We are eager to incorporate the arts into our service on all levels. It will feel refreshing I think.

I am teaching my first class next Sunday. Pray for me. I know that if nothing else, I have had 2 more babies than the couples I am teaching. Who knew that I would be this passionate about seeing babies being born to well educated parents on the subject of labor, as well as un medicated births and breastfeeding. I think if you would have told me that in high school I would have looked at you funny and been a little surprised. I had no clue what to expect during pregnancy, non-the-less labor and post partum. I ook forward to teaching dad's how to coach moms and to attending as many births as I can...it is such a miracle! Maybe someday I will be a midwife, who knows!

For now, those of you who know me, pray that I can be organized enough to teach well and clearly relay the material to these couples...thanks.

2 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are working in the vein that the Lord needs you most. Exhaustion is the side effect.

I know, I hold Eden a little bit closer and realize she'll be big before I know it.

I know you'll do great at your class. You'll be a great encourager and prayer warrior for these parents and their little ones! GOOOOO KATE!

 
At 9/15/2005 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for this first class. I'm so excited for you! I too hold Ike a bit closer and a bit longer knowing how short this time is. What a blessing they are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home