The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gear Up!

Well, Jon leaves on an 11 day backpacking trip with his R.A's tomorrow at 5am. If you know Jon, starting at 5am is not the way to kick off the trip! He will probably be up until 2am packing! He is still running around collecting things like his fishing pole (he says he will use it more than 2 times....anyone want o bet with me?)

He is really enjoying his job as a Resident Director so far and I think he fits this position perfectly. Today he gave the devotion ( I was not there, but got a report) and the students LOVED him! I told them I think he is amazing and that he ALWAYS does a great job when he speaks. It was cute of them to tell me like I had never heard him before! They don't know our background yet, so they do not understand that I have consistently heard him for over 6 years now! :>) I still think he is fantastic.




I am a little anxious about being home with the boys for 11 days ALONE, but I have a lot of friends I plant o pester over that time. Jon's brother comes next week for a day and then stays longer when JOn returns (he is hanging out with a friend inbetween) so that will be fun! The boys LOVE uncle Paul...he is the only uncle that gives gifts all the time! (Who doesn't like an uncle like that?)

I would have lived for my mom to come and hang with me during this time, but she broke her foot this summer and just found out that the Dr. who did the surgery did not do it correctly and she has to do it again! THis time with a different doctor....but that means another 6-10 weeks without putting ANY pressure on it! My parents have a trip tpo HAwaii planned this fall....pray that her foot heals enough to go and enjoy their trip!


Well, I am tired and I need to go to bed bc I know Jon will need me to wake him up at 5am! He would never make the trip if I didnt kick him out of bed! Pray that this week goes smoothly....Kate










1 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Maurer fam is just chuggin right along! Seems like the great things that you need keep happening. 11 days is along time! But Jon will have so much fun, and so will you Kate! We miss you all so much, thanks for the update!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home