The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

DAY 6...

Well, hopefully day 7 will be one of rest! :>) My boys are doing great. Today we decided it would be fun to go to breakfast at Burger King. We like Jack in the Box better for breakfast, but it is pricey and there is no playground! So after eating they zoomed over to the playground only to have a Burger King employee run out and inform us that it was broken. (No sign was posted!) Huge disapointment to my little guys. That was the most exciting part. SO....we went and got our car washed in one of those fun automatic kind that splat your car with colorful soap and slap it with those rubberized tassles and then blow dry it as you leave. Creed was nervous at first, but by the end he "yiked" it. It was "citing" (exciting). Unfortunately, our car is not that clean from the thing. Next time we are doing the good old hand wash. That can be just as much fun and 5 bucks cheaper.



After we got washed, we decided a yard sale would be fun. THe two we found were complete duds. One was all clothes and the other had mostly car parts. Judah was bummed. He loves finding a cheap toy.



Speaking of cheap toys, I bribed my children yesterday. I told them if they took a good nap that I would buy them a new toy. It worked brilliantly. They slept for about 2 hours but too late in the day! I took them to a thrift store. Judah found a back hoe loader truck and Creed picked out a guitar (after Judah talked him into wanting it). They didn't go to sleep until 10pm. Backfire.



My friend Heidi came over yesterday. That was fun it was the first time she was our new place. The kids have a blast together. Heidi's kids are on the left, Creed and Judah are in the middle and the other Judah and his brother Nathan are on the right....



So we have ants. We haven't had to worry about ants in a long time. Somehow I leave a drop of juice or an apple core in the sink for more than 2 hours and there they are. Blasted little workers.

I just picked up a flyer for some exercise classes at the community college behind us. It is free. I figure it is time to lose the middle after YEARS of no exercise. We will see if I actually do it! I am glad I took the first step....picking up the flyer! That was hard work. I can't blame my fat stomach on the boys anymore. It is those mocha's I LOVE.

1 Comments:

At 8/13/2007 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate,

As I said before on one of the other sites, you're just so F-U-N! I could stay up all night reading your blogs, but I must catch some zzzz's! I miss you!

Deziree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home