The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Being Selfless....

The other night, I climbed into Judah's top bunk and decided he needed a little mommy quality time. I stayed there until he fell asleep. It has been a long time since I had done that. We had really good conversation. He informed me he loved me more than the planet earth, and all the planets, in fact. All the way up to heaven as well. Then he paused and said, "Mommy....I even love you more than me." Talk about a show stopper. I was speechless for a minute that a 4 year old could grasp the concept of how much they love themsleves and then place someone else above that! What a lesson for me! I love my children deeply, but it was a good reminder to put others before myself. Thanks Judah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home