The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Jon is Home!

What a good feeling to have him home. We went and met him on west campus as they unloaded and then ate pizza for the first time in 11 days. It was fun. Jon came home with us after and we just hung out. He put his nasty clothes in the laundry (knowing that I would take way too many days!) and we were just a little family. The boys were beside themselves....all the high pitched "Daddy! Daddy!" 's in the house were refreshing. The whining "moooom" sound was gone. Relief. We went to dinner with his team. The students were really fun and we had a good time. Then we headed for ice cream, but the boys fell asleep on the way. I was a little bummed because I had in my mind what a relaxing evening at home would be as a family....but that was my expectation....I got over it quickly as I met all the girls and guys. They were so friendly. We had several offers for babysitting (and you all know I took them up on it!). It was a really good time. We ate a Max's Mexican Restaurant in Azusa. Yummy little hole in the wall.

Today, Jon's brother Paul comes over and we will have him in town until Tuesday. He is a barrel of fun. Unfortunatley Jon has to speak at church this week which he was unaware of. It was also assumed by another church that he would speak! So he was suppose dto be in two places on Sinday morning (popular guy, my man). So, he had to take his day off today and go into church and create a sermon. So here I am today without him. But maybe if we all pray he will be done by dinner!

Tomorrow students begin arriving and so he is on duty all day and then Sunday he is also on duty after church. Then Monday rolls around to office hours and more welcoming. It will be exciting to meet all of our students. I am looking forward to it.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home