The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

And So It Has Begun

School has started for Jon and he already switched one class after seeing the work load involved. Knowing that this quarter is going to be crazy with our second service starting on October 9, Jon knew he could do without a professor handing him a zillion tedious papers and projects. It is unfortunate because it looked like a really interesting class that I personally would have enjoyed (Child Formation) and I could have possibly attended a few (Fuller wives can take any class for a mere $25) if I could find someone to take the kiddo's. Oh well, maybe next quarter!

We are really excited to start this second service. It will be called VSN (Vineyard Sunday Night), just like it was in Atlanta. This will be an alternative service to Sunday morning, but not specified as a Young Adult service. We aticipate there to be more young blood than old, but old is welcome too! I think this will help the awkward feeling of how we are conected to the church as a whole. We are very much connected and Pastor Floyd (Senior Pastor) will be speaking once a month. For now, Jon is running around with his posters and pockets filled with flyers handing them to anything that breaths--man, is he good or what? NO wonder people will come on the first night! GO baby GO!

I just started teaching my first Bradley Method Childbirth series. I ahve had 2 classes so far and they have gone great. The two couples that I am teaching are really fun and I can just be myself. I cannot think of anything that I am nrevous about from here on out. I think I got all my ijtters out in the first class. Aftet that, nothing seems so bad. Now I just need to start making some fat cash for our family....that is the plan anyway!

I was planning one babysitting in the nursery for the the moms that attend the Fuller Wives support group. Unfortunatley they will not allow anyone with more than 1 child babysit because they are concerned that my focus will be on my own children! (Boy, they don't know me....if I have a chance to let another teacher take Judah for 3 hours, you better believe I am not focused on him.....) This is very unfortunate actually because moms who stay home would love the opportunity to make a few extra bucks for coffee or a date night with their husband! In the meantime, I have seen posters up all over stating how desparate this group of women is for babysitters! Sad!

Well, I turn 28 this year. October 16. Boss' Day. If you are moved to buy me a gift, my address is 296 N. Oakland Ave. #9 Pasadena, CA 91101. I accept Starbucks Card, Target Card and Cold Hard Cash in a Card.

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate i'm so glad you guys are doing what you're doing.I'm soooo glad is giving you the opp's to teach n minister to couples and teach/releave fears of new parents. i hope they all go natural! it's great!

ji has her cd release tonight, joel's there i just got home from chattanooga and couldn't go, but we'll let you know how awesome her cd is! praise God for fruitfulness!

 
At 10/01/2005 7:46 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Sorry everyone...I made so many typo's in this one....it is an eye sore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home