The Maurer Update

Everyday life. Fun stories. Captured moments.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I was heading to bed when suddenly...

THERE WAS A SKUNK ON MY PORCH! I do not htink I have ever seen one this close before. I was nervous and thinking....."if I move, does it spray the window? Maybe I will stay still like a statue and it will find food elsewhere....okay, now it is coming closer...crap!" So I stayed very still and watched as it CLIMBED MY BACK STEPS and smelled my flowers (as if he were wondering what it would be like to smell good). He headed down again and kept walking around....the funny thing is that our neighbor spotted him on our front porch almost a week ago and Jon went out after him (mainly to get a good look) and so we must have a special scent he likes (great). I can't smell him at all. I couldn't last week either. I just pray nothing falls or moves on my porch and makes him spray! AH! At least it would be a good story....I would have taken a picture, but Jon has the camera on his hiking trip! Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home